Points of Required Attention™
Friendly reminder: Please don't respond to spammers! Their posts inevitably get memory-holed when staff get around to, leaving behind an inexplicable tableau of you shouting at nothing and (if they otherwise would have been alone in a thread) dangling posts and wrong postcounts.
Views: 45,910,552
Main | FAQ | Uploader | IRC chat | Radio | Memberlist | Active users | Latest posts | Calendar | Stats | Online users | Search 10-23-17 10:36 PM
Guest: Register | Login

0 users currently in ROM Hacking | 1 guest | 2 bots

Main - ROM Hacking - Hack Ideas Thread New thread | New reply

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

xK_
Posted on 07-23-16 06:05 PM Link | Quote | ID: 163595

Ninji
Level: 24

EXP: 77257
Next: 868

Since: 07-02-16

Last post: 95 days
Last view: 95 days
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins made in NSMB2. It'd make a perfect fit, really.

I'd be happy to design levels for it, but I'm terrible at coding crap. And I also hear music is quite hard to insert.

Termingamer2-JD
Posted on 08-29-16 12:08 AM Link | Quote | ID: 163944

Ropa
Banned: repeat sockpuppeting
Level: 44

EXP: 571441
Next: 39844

Since: 08-06-15

Last post: 299 days
Last view: 298 days
Posted by cderp4
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins made in NSMB2. It'd make a perfect fit, really.

I'd be happy to design levels for it, but I'm terrible at coding crap. And I also hear music is quite hard to insert.

Super Mario Land 2 was my favourite game for the gb, I'd appreicate that.

EggplantPimp
Posted on 02-26-17 07:38 AM (rev. 2 of 03-01-17 09:36 PM) Link | Quote | ID: 164923

Slime
Level: 39

EXP: 382859
Next: 21912

Since: 04-30-07

Last post: 41 days
Last view: 41 days
Here are the ideas Googie came up with at RHDN...

1. A Zelda 1 hack with a Binding of Isaac twist, I would love to play an Isaac 8bit game.

2. TMNT 2 The Arcade Game voice fix, this would add the voice of the bosses that get hit and add it into the NES game, to make it more authentic.
-----------------
That awful Rockman 5 has potential to be a great DWD hack, here's the changes that can be made...

1. Disable the intro screen and go straight to the title screen.
2. Disable the ending with Darkwing falling off his motorcycle and go back to the title screen.
3. Disable the crouching and blocking.
4. Fix Megan Man's palette.
5. Change the text and font.
6. Redesign the levels.
7. Add Mega Man's life bar.
8. Disable the cut scene where the game shows your high score and go back to the stage select screen.

The title screen can be called "Rockman 5 Reloaded"
-------------------
How about a City Connection hack? "GTA San Andreas" You're in a green lowrider painting the streets of the world green, you got the Ballas in purple cars trying to stop you from painting the streets green. Replace the cat with Officer Tenpenny. The title screen can have the GTA SA title screen like the game... Cool?
-------------------
http://www.compmike19.com/ffhacks/id6.htm

The changes that was done on this Dragon Quest 3 hack can be ported into Dragon Warrior 3, but with a new story line. 💪
--------------------
If someone would make FF hack like this, it would be so cool. 💪

These hacks need to happen!

EDIT: Here's another idea Googie came up with...

A River City Ransom hack where you fight zombies that took over the city, and the enemy animations they gnaw at you.

Googie
Posted on 03-19-17 03:55 PM Link | Quote | ID: 165233

Giant Red Koopa
ROM Hacking is life!
Level: 70

EXP: 2957505
Next: 58306

Since: 02-19-07

Last post: 25 days
Last view: 25 days
Posted by EggplantPimp
Here are the ideas Googie came up with at RHDN...

1. A Zelda 1 hack with a Binding of Isaac twist, I would love to play an Isaac 8bit game.

2. TMNT 2 The Arcade Game voice fix, this would add the voice of the bosses that get hit and add it into the NES game, to make it more authentic.
-----------------
That awful Rockman 5 has potential to be a great DWD hack, here's the changes that can be made...

1. Disable the intro screen and go straight to the title screen.
2. Disable the ending with Darkwing falling off his motorcycle and go back to the title screen.
3. Disable the crouching and blocking.
4. Fix Megan Man's palette.
5. Change the text and font.
6. Redesign the levels.
7. Add Mega Man's life bar.
8. Disable the cut scene where the game shows your high score and go back to the stage select screen.

The title screen can be called "Rockman 5 Reloaded"
-------------------
How about a City Connection hack? "GTA San Andreas" You're in a green lowrider painting the streets of the world green, you got the Ballas in purple cars trying to stop you from painting the streets green. Replace the cat with Officer Tenpenny. The title screen can have the GTA SA title screen like the game... Cool?
-------------------
http://www.compmike19.com/ffhacks/id6.htm

The changes that was done on this Dragon Quest 3 hack can be ported into Dragon Warrior 3, but with a new story line. 💪
--------------------
If someone would make FF hack like this, it would be so cool. 💪

These hacks need to happen!

EDIT: Here's another idea Googie came up with...

A River City Ransom hack where you fight zombies that took over the city, and the enemy animations they gnaw at you.

Thanks for posting my ideas here, sweetie. These hack do have potential to be great.

Here's another idea, someone should really fix MegaMan In The Mushroom Kingdom. It has so many bugs in that hack. And edit the last four levels around...

Here's Insectduel's review on the hack.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Main - ROM Hacking - Hack Ideas Thread New thread | New reply

Acmlmboard 2.1+3δ (2016-01-08)
© 2005-2016 Acmlm, blackhole89, Xkeeper et al.

Page rendered in 0.078 seconds. (342KB of memory used)
MySQL - queries: 51, rows: 76/0, time: 0.063 seconds.